Monday, October 4, 2010

It's time for another Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge from OWH. The sketch:















And my holiday card:













Supplies: pp - The Paper Studio; stamps - Penny Black, Hero Arts; embossing folder - Basic Grey/Sizzix Snowflakes; dies - Nestabilities; button - PTI Holiday Mix Vintage; embroidery floss

On Saturday, we went to the Cotton Pickin' Fair in Gay, GA, and were expecting to see, maybe, 20 or 30 different booths set up with artisans and other vendors. What a surprise to find at least 150 different booths. Got a few cool items - a hanging candle holder crafted from a recycled wine bottle, a handmade puzzle for Caroline, and some Apple Salsa, which was, surprisingly more spicy than the Chipotle salsa! And, to top it off, the Shady Days Fair was going directly across the street where I found the best hair ties.











And, best of all, I got the web address so I can buy more!

6 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute card! I think that layer with the embossed flakes really makes it stand out! Thanks for sharing your take on sketch #37. . I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the scallops. I always like light blue for snow cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the layering on your card.
    Oh I missed all our county fairs this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! Love the embossing...and the image is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love love love this happy little snowman!!

    ReplyDelete