Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Using this week's card sketch from OWH Stars & Stamps challenge, I created a birthday card. Here is the sketch:


















And, here is my card:


















Supplies used: stamps (Hero Arts), dies (Nestabilities, Papertrey), twine (Papertrey)

So, yesterday, we, or rather, I had a little mishap in the backyard. I was outside throwing the ball with our youngest dog, Brady. Since our backyard is not fenced in and he runs off if not leashed, we have a run in between 2 large trees. I was throwing the ball towards the house and he and the lead to the run were on one side of me. For some reason, he decided to go around me to run after the ball. He is very strong and fast. Needless to say, I ended up on my backside with the lead wound around both ankles. The sound I made must've been so horrific that Brady just stopped and sat down off to the side. So, I'm a bit sore and have 2 nasty-looking ankles. I felt worse for Brady than for myself. He stayed away from me for awhile. I guess he thought I was mad at him. But, I still wuv him!

I'll leave you with a more-pleasant thought -- Dogwoods!

7 comments:

  1. Whew - lucky you didn't break anything. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine last year. She broke her ankle in two places. She still loves her doggy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I hope you'll feel better quickly. Must be time for sitting quietly and making cards, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you and Brady are OK!!! Love your card for this week's sketch challenge! Those owls are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I am sorry for your boo-boos- speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you survived the crash of the leash! Ugh!! And you made a lovely card, the owls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch I know your pain... Hope you are back to 100% soon :) Great job on the card! The owls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete