Thursday, August 5, 2010

No cards to post today as I decided to take some time and make multiples of some of my cards for OWH. The deadline for sending Halloween cards is September 20 and for Thanksgiving cards is October 1 and I have a few more to make. So far, I have roughly 110 cards completed. After they are shipped, I'll move on to holiday cards.

Here is the recipe for the photo I posted yesterday. The recipe is from allrecipes.com. First, is the original recipe, and my revisions after that.










Slow Cooker Vegetable-Beef Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 c onion, chopped
1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (14 1/2 oz) can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1 (16 oz.) pkg frozen mixed vegetables
1 c sliced fresh or frozen okra
2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 T ketchup
salt & pepper, to taste
water

In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.

In a slow cooker, mix the beef and onion, tomatoes, vegetables, okra, potatoes, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Pour in enough water to cover.

Cook 4 hours on low.


My revisions:

did not drain tomatoes

used frozen soup vegetables which already had okra and potatoes in it

I did add a bit too much water. Using the empty 14 1/2 oz can from the tomatoes, I added 1 1/2 cans, next time I will just add 1 can. I cooked it down a bit today on the stovetop and it was pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Saw this the other day on your blog - thanks for the revisions! Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete