Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lately, I've been intrigued by the project that Amy of inspire co. has started. It is a 39-square embroidery sampler. You stitch one square a day. Hand embroidery and cross stitching were the first crafts that I can remember doing. It began while my mother was the manager of the Windsor Button Shop in Braintree, Massachusetts. There was one entire wall of buttons in wooden boxes. And, they had clerks (button ladies) behind the counter just to take the boxes down for the customers. The remainder of the store was yarn and sewing supplies.

Here is the famous button wall:














Anyway, back to the 39 squares -- The project began on March 1, so I'm 10 days behind and I only have colored linen at home. And, since it is pouring out, I am not going out today. Unfortunately, I cannot find my embroidery hoop!
I did buy this wonderful stitching book last year and did a few projects on felt.














I'll leave you with a photo of Zoe & Brady waiting for good weather!

1 comment:

  1. I have done many a X-stitch and embroidery. I have never used a hoop for either. I loved doing them. It is a calming art, but it takes a long time to finish a project.

    ReplyDelete