Monday, March 22, 2010

OWH Sketch

This is a card I created for the Operation Write Home Sketch #9:













Supplies used: Unity Stamps, Nestabilities Dies, EK Success Punch, gingham ribbon, Uniball Signo Pen

Just finished this book last night:


















And, surprisingly, I really liked it. This is the first Nora Roberts book I've read. I guess I steered away from her books thinking they were icky sweet chick-lit books. I picked it up thru Paperback Swap. It has turned out to be a good way to pick up books that you might not actually want to buy, but think you might like to read. Anyway, back to the book -- from the cover, you might think it was about a blushing bride. Well, it is actually about a group of childhood friends that go into business together as wedding planners. There are 4 books in the series, so I just started book #2 -- Bed of Roses.

That's it for now!

9 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love the stamp and the punch you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. Thanks for the book review. I've wondered about her books, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Nora Roberts and her books under J.D.Robb! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for playing along in this weeks sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice masculine card. I like the colors and the way you created with dies and the punch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sketch card, I like the way you used the punch for your border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card. This was a fun sketch to do.
    Love the dog pics.

    ReplyDelete