Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Had a wonderful weekend with my son and his family in Atlanta. We went to dinner on Saturday evening and then a Father's Day brunch on Sunday.

It seems everytime I am ready to post, my internet goes out! We blame it on the fact that the utility lines in this area are all exposed -- not buried.

Anyway, here is this week's OWH sketch:











And, my card:








The supplies used: Quickutz embossing folder, Inkadinkado stamp, buttons, MS bakers twine. The large stamp was heat embossed and trimmed.

Last week, I posted this photo of my favorite quiche recipe:










Here is the recipe:

Hash Brown Quiche

3 c shredded, frozen hash browns
thawed and drained
4 T butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 c half & half
½ c diced cooked ham
½ c diced green onions
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Press the hash browns to dry them. In a 9” pie plate, toss the hash browns with the butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake 20 – 25 minutes at until golden brown.

Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.

Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour egg mixture into crust.

Bake 30 minutes, until quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. ok now that looks and sounds yummy altho calorie laden LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe.
    That card is adorable. I love that stamp and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card!! Beautiful embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very handsome card! I like the color palette you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and the quiche looks good although I've never tried it!!!

    ReplyDelete